CheapOair

Sunday 9 June 2013

#Nasi Beriyani

Beriyani is a rice-based dish made with spices, rice (usually basmati) and chicken, mutton, fish, eggs or
vegetables.

The name is derived from the Persian word 'Beriyani' which means "fried" or "masted". Beriyani was believed to have been invented in the kitchen of Mughal Emperors. It is very popular in the Indian subcontinent and is a key element of the South Asian cuisine, Hyderabad, Malabar, Delhi/ Agra, Dhaka, Kashmir, Kolkata, Lucknow and Lahore are the main centres of beriyani cuisine.

One day, we were asked to cook for the church lunch and it's Nasi Beriyani, my HJ suggested. I was almost puzzled out of mind since I do know how to cook it. So, my HJ cooks it hehe.



Delicious one but the rice was damn too soft. Thumbs up for my HJ for doing it well. Cheers!

Chicken Nasi Beryani