CheapOair

Saturday 8 June 2019


MY ONE YEAR OFF FROM BLOGGING


It has been a year off for me from doing my blogging time to give my fully attention to my son, Benjamin. I was hardly to spend a single time on laptop though I even wanted to.
WHY?

Because my Benjamin needs me all time to ensure he feels better. He has worried us parents and everybody on his health. I have been helplessly, clueless and no experience at all. I have been asking everyone around includes friends and family members to collect information on how I can help Benjamin.

Every parent wants a normal child I believe. I myself as a new parent and mom to my firstborn child do not much expected that I would go through many trials and works to understand what’s going on. So, I have given my full time mom to understand Benjamin’s health condition to get a better understanding in helping him.

Benjamin has been on breastfeed for 4 months only. My breast milk has become less and lessens, due to stressful and almost hung on. I was in much torn in between on all things myself.

Okay, to short form on his condition. He has been vomiting since when he was born. My confinement care staffs have been noticing me on his condition. I have had no idea, even my mother also. So we brought him to see Paediatrician, Dr. Jessica Tan (GMC Hosp Penang). I am told that Benjamin has acid reflux. So I Google online to find info on babies acid reflux. Trying to understand bit by bit, I still haven’t got it at all. Well, Ben was given relieve medicines, Motilium and Zantac. Baby takes medicines as the paediatrician said they are safe to be taken. Actually I did not want to do but I leave with no choice. So fine, I kept going to feed him on medicines and same time he has been vomited frequently especially on when he has done his milk drank or screaming/shouting/laughing. For formula milk, he took Frisco as the paediatrician’s recommended. Still he vomited after drinking the FM Frisco. I was so tired doing his chores by wiping off his body, changing clothes, cleaning up floor and even brought many towels when doing some shopping or travelling. I was almost give up and even asked myself why I could experience such as this for a first timer mom...

So the condition has been going on almost in everyday and I have been cautious on when his meal time like milk and food. My husband who was not on by my side, I was all alone to watch him myself. Quite hard however there is patience in me. Lucky. As the time goes by, my husband has worried much on Benjamin’s health has not been much improved. So he decided to take us home with him so we both could see the solution for our child. Okay. We even brought Benjamin to see another paediatrician, Dr. Yong (Columbia Asia Hosp Selangor) at our place. For our 2nd opinion. Well, things went smoothly when we visited Dr. Yong. After a good explanation, I even asked Dr.Yong for FM recommended. Enfragrow (Gentlease) one of FMs she mentioned. And Ben has eczema on skin. Headache addition to my brain. Sighs. So we tried, and slowly things have shown Ben’s condition is getting much better and good. Not only about the FM or eczema products, it is about Benjamin’s’ reactions to this way of taking food and what type to accept for his skin. Something like I say I have to understand a baby’s physiology where I often understand adults’ physiology. Then I understand this and that, monitoring what does Benjamin needs most.

I end up trying what it may works for him. And it works well. Eg. Let him rests for 3 hours by taking up 5oz. Normally for his age at about 16months, he supposed to be okay in taking more than 5oz (less hours). I have no idea at all first. It happened when I noticed he is okay taking that amount and duration hours. He drinks by sit and stand in the cot (when he is not laying down on bed). To my surprise, so i keep trying it fewer times. It works yes. And also trying to comfort his chest slowly while drinking up. As for his eczema skin, he has given cream medicines to sort out, on which matches him. The lotion cream has not quite good for him and brand QV Gentle Wash for hair and body suits him yes. So still there were eczema spots on his body part. I have been tirelessly to find more products for him to stop from eczema itching. I found Baby Balms by Ronella to try. The Baby Balms contain coconut oil where I research coconut oil does help for treating eczema. Benjamins eczema has not slightly improved that much though. Little thing I know he needs lotion as I do not want his skin to dry up. By naturally, I use pure coconut oil by RassRosh to apply on his whole body as same time I applied Baby Balm Rashes. By within fewer 2 weeks, his eczema all has been cured and gone so neatly without leaving any scars on. Thanked to Baby Balms by Ronella and Coconut Oil by RassRosh. They are amazing products. My boy now is free from eczema. I am so grateful. However, he has still watch out on his skin all time.

As for his food, he is quite far behind than among of the other kids for his age. Though he catches up on his food slowly and getting to process up but he is good in eating up well. Understandable, most babies or toddlers can eat rice at young stage but he was not. Even though people keep on asking me why. I couldn’t say much BUT what I know is not to push too hard on a child to go for every stage he should take. Eventually, I see the result he is able to eat all when he is ready.

Of course, every child is different. Always remember to nurture your child to your own best whenever you can be.

Learning everyday as a new mother is a great thing. Nobody can teach you how but only can give some tips to share with. Decision you have to do on your own, follow your own instinct.